ASSISTANT SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Must be familiar with common software tools and networking concepts.
- Must be able to analyze and assess the feasibility of implementing proposed software.
- Conduct Web based research on devices, drivers, and software.
- Develop and conduct post implementation maintenance and support procedures.
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
- Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade hardware and software interfaces with operating systems.
- Research and recommend hardware and software development, purchase, and use.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as networking to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Write and maintain system documentation.
- Conduct technical/web research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Work with development teams to resolve defects and implement enhancements in a timely manner for supported applications and systems.
- 1+ years of experience in related field.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer science, engineering or relevant field.
- Sound knowledge of Windows Server 2012-2019, Microsoft SQL Server 2014-2019, MacOS and Linux operating system and web server (IIS/Apache).
- Familiarity with Active Directory, VPN, Access Points and Managed switches.
- Must have sound knowledge and expertise in network infrastructure setup.
- Must be able to learn new technologies, tools, and techniques quickly and with minimal supervision.
- Must be proactive and able to execute tasks efficiently.
- Must be able to support remotely.
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, independent worker with the ability to multi-task.
- High level analytical skills in solving administrative problems.
- Knowledge of different software development and quality assurance tools/technologies.
- Strong command over written and spoken English.
- Familiarity with VM server deployment and managing VMs.
- Sound knowledge of essential software like MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, etc.
- Expertise in network router configuration and manage.
- MTCNA/CCNA certification preferred.
If you meet the above requirements, please send us your updated resume to the following email address:
Please write in the subject “Application for Assistant System Administrator”
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.