SENIOR SOFTWARE QA ENGINEER
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze requirements and determine testing scope.
- Breakdown tasks into major test areas and estimate the time.
- Determine and define test strategies for all sorts of applications.
- Able to prepare test cases, checklists, traceability matrix as per requirements.
- Execute tests or write test code to verify enhancements and bug fixes.
- Report bugs/defects with appropriate details.
- Determine root cause of functional bugs or errors in test code.
- Prepare test documents (test plan, test report, release notes, etc.).
- Provide written and verbal status in all meetings.
- Perform R&D to identify the scope of test ideas that may scale up the output level.
- Review of tasks of team members.
- Guide and coach team members.
- Communicate with the Development team lead/manager to improve development processes and resolve problems.
- 2+ years of experience in software quality assurance and testing.
Qualifications & Requirements
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent skills in analyzing and solving complex, multi-step problems.
- Possess an investigative attitude while testing the product.
- Should be proactive in attitude with a positive mindset.
- Ability to visualize real-time business situations and scenarios.
- Able to capture and transform business requirements into detailed test scenarios.
- Keen to learn new tools and technologies then implement them in daily activities.
- Experience with automation tools like Selenium, Robot Framework, TestNG, AutoIT, etc.
- Experience with any relational database like MSSQL, Mysql, etc. is required.
- Must be familiar working with one source control (i.e. Git, SVN, etc.).
- Generally likes working with software and computers.
- A strong desire to learn and develop technical skills.
- Ability to plan tasks and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with applications, such as MS Visio, MSTest/NUnit, Bug Tracker, load testing tool, screen capture tool is preferred.
- Should have people skills to foster effective communication among team members, and to motivate them.
- Ability to understand the strengths and weaknesses of teammates in order to work with them constructively.
If you meet the above requirements, please send us your updated resume to the following email address:
Please write in the subject “Application for Senior Software QA Engineer”.
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.